Frequently Asked Questions
Why do you need a coach?
- have higher levels of energy and vitality
- are more likely to achieve their goals
- are more confident
- perform better at work
- are more engaged at work
- experience less stress
What is the difference between coaching and counselling?
- Counselling generally aims to solve problems by understanding what happened in your past. Coaching is almost exclusively future-focused.
- To counsel means to give advice. Coaches do not give advice – instead they use specific modalities to facilitate the process of their client finding the best path for themselves. Coaches are trained to ask powerful, open-ended questions.
Is coaching appropriate for you?
If you want to shift your thinking or behavior, change your mindset, create a new habit, become more confident, focused, improve your work-life balance AND you are ready to take the necessary steps, you will greatly benefit from having a coach.
Why would someone who is already successful hire a coach?
One of the reasons there is a growing demand for coaching is the complexity of modern day living. Things aren’t as simple as they were in the past. Currently people want to find work that is in line with their core values, is an expression of who they are or to make an impact. Today we have an incredible opportunity for self-expression through our work. If you aren’t doing what you love to do, even if you are successful, you would benefit from some coaching.
- Are you doing what you most enjoy?
- Are you operating from your strengths?
- Are you engaged in your work and does it feel meaningful?
- Are you on the path to the level of financial freedom you want?
- Do you have the lifestyle/time freedom you want or are you hustling too much each day?
As you get more clarity and focus, a deeper awareness of who you are and what you bring to the table, your trajectory can rapidly shift. Hold on to your hat when you hire a professional coach.
How do you select a coach?
The following are some points to bear in mind when selecting a coach:
- A coach needs to be knowledgeable in their area of expertise.
- Experience and accreditation are important.
- Having rapport with your coach is critical.
- Seek a free preliminary consultation to make sure there is a connection and it is a fit for your need. When you find someone that works well for you, stick with them.
How long will you need to work with a coach?
It depends on where you are, where you want to go, and how quickly you want to get there. Some clients can achieve their goals in as little as three months. Most often, clients stay with a coach anywhere from six to eighteen months. After clients realize their first goals, they often identify other areas they want to work on.
How does coaching work?
Coaching is a process. It can evolve differently over time with each person. Coaching is a solution-focused process that helps you clarify what you want and focus on the appropriate strategies for success. Frequently, if we know what we want we can still get in our own way. Coaching helps keep your eye on why your goals and dreams are important, this is coupled with accountability to maintain your focus and momentum. Leverage your ability to own your own stuff.